Sound familiar? That is what our season was like. We ended up a bit below where we had hoped to be. We made about 8200 gallons which is just over 5 lbs per tap. Considering how late the season came we are very pleased with the results. Again this year being prepared to deal with any issues saved us a lot of sap, and kept things running smoothly. We struggled this year with when to quit as the sap kept running, but we had a hard time processing it. This really bothers me to watch literally thousands of gallons run on the ground for days and not be able to do anything with it, otherwise I am sure we would have hit out goal for the season. I will write another post about this soon.
Until then I hope everyone else had a successful season as well!