October is a great month to get work done in our sugarwoods. We are working on adding 3,000 taps for 2011. So far this summer and fall we have added about 100,000 feet of tubing to our sugarbush. It is a lot of work, but in October it never seems like a job. The temps and weather have been for the most part great, and who can complain about the beautiful foliage. Soon however, we will be working in snow and freezing temperatures so we will be enjoying it while we can. As always we will have to put in some long, cold, and stressful days and nights to get ready for the spring season.
The sugarmakers journal is maintained by Ben Wilcox.
- About Us
- Buy Syrup
- Vermont Honey
- Retailers and wholesalers
- Nutritional Info and Health Benefits of Maple Syrup
- Why Buy Your Syrup From Us?
- From tree to table, how syrup is made
- Maple Syrup Grades
- Sugarmakers Journal
- Contact Us
- Customer Testimonials
- Maple Sugaring Consultation & Tubing Installation
- Birch Sap and Syrup