Today was a big day for us. We ordered a new evaporator, a 4x16 Dominion & Grimm Thunderbolt evaporator. This new rig will allow us to cut our boiling time in half, and reduce our fuel consumption by 25% of more. This will also reduce green house gas emissions. We also are going to be using a Dominion & Grimm first ever built flue pan with 11" flues. We should be able to boil between 550-600 GPH and make about 100 gallons of syrup/ hour. This is a pic from the D&G website.
The sugarmakers journal is maintained by Ben Wilcox.
- About Us
- Buy Syrup
- Vermont Honey
- Retailers and wholesalers
- Nutritional Info and Health Benefits of Maple Syrup
- Why Buy Your Syrup From Us?
- From tree to table, how syrup is made
- Maple Syrup Grades
- Sugarmakers Journal
- Contact Us
- Customer Testimonials
- Maple Sugaring Consultation & Tubing Installation
- Birch Sap and Syrup