The FDA has said there are no laws being broken and that there are no requirements on the use of "natural" in the branding of a product. As you may have seen there is a Log Cabin syrup being packaged in identical jugs that we use for real maple syrup and it is being called Natural syrup. There is nothing special or natural about it. Now that we know it will be here to stay we need to continue to educate consumers and work to get this stuff put on the shelf with the rest of the fake syrup, so that consumers are not "duped" in to buying a cheap alternative to the real thing.
The sugarmakers journal is maintained by Ben Wilcox.
- About Us
- Buy Syrup
- Vermont Honey
- Retailers and wholesalers
- Nutritional Info and Health Benefits of Maple Syrup
- Why Buy Your Syrup From Us?
- From tree to table, how syrup is made
- Maple Syrup Grades
- Sugarmakers Journal
- Contact Us
- Customer Testimonials
- Maple Sugaring Consultation & Tubing Installation
- Birch Sap and Syrup